Ziv M. Peled M.D. Presents Burning Migraine Questions Episode 7 April 4, 2019
Dr. Peled answered the following questions:
- 0:32 Is Occipital Neuralgia truly idiopathic or is the cause more often than not some sort of compression? Have you ever encountered inflammation of the nerve with no visible cause?
- 6:10 Why do surgeons use different incision techniques for the same procedure? Is one technique better than another?
- 7:34 Do you use botox injections for chronic migraines?
- 12:46 What is your opinion on occipital nerve blocks for neck pain relief and how often should they be done?
- 16:27 Why could you get a rebound headache after an occipital nerve block?
- 23:02 I was told by another provider to never get nerve decompression surgery because the nerves would grow back, regenerate and cause more pain. Can nerves regrow? Can scar tissue prevent subsequent decompression surgery?